For the past several weeks wedding vendors have been pulling together information, business cards, pamphlets, displays and even goodie bags for all the Bridal Shows coming up within the next couple of weeks. A Bridal Show allows couples to meet face to face with wedding venues, florists, photographers, videographers, boutiques, entertainment, bakers etc that they probably wouldn’t have met in the first place.
By the end of a weekend you can be sitting there with a shit ton of information and no clue how to make any sense of it. Here are some Bridal Show tidbits that you are going to want to know before entering a bridal show.
- Set up a wedding email address to use at a bridal show. It will help keep all of your information in one location.
- Bring labels with your name, email and information on it – you are going to be writing this info A LOT! It is also a great way to put your information down faster
- If you like a vendor – take the time to come back to them to speak or set up an appointment for later in the week.
- Bring your Maid of Honor, bridesmaid, or even a friend just to help hold everything you are going to get
- Don’t wear a coat – it is just another thing to carry
- Try as many cake samples as your stomach can hold – this is a must!!
- Understand what you are comparing, it isn’t all about price. Ask how many hours a package is, what is provided, how far they are willing to travel, etc.
- If someone is offering a free deal, get the fine print before you sign up.
- If someone is offering a “bridal show discount” don’t be scared to ask what the regular price would be.
- Walk up and down the aisles more than once.
- When you get home pop open a bottle of wine or a six pack and spread out everything you received from the show. Take your time weeding through it all – if you can’t remember why you liked a vendor, contact them, they will be more than happy to answer your questions.
All in all, the most important thing to remember is to just have fun and enjoy planning your wedding. And if you ever get stuck a Wedding Planner is just a phone call away.
If you are headed out to a Bridal Show this weekend make sure to check out the Jenks Production website for any discounts or to register! http://www.jenksproductions.com/ctbridal.html
Much Love! Engaged New England!
Helpful tidbits from Heidi Hanson – Always and Forever Weddings and Kia Martinson – Estoccasions
Pictures from Jenks Production Website